Roar Like Simba, The Lion King!
We want to help your child feel as brave and majestic as Simba, so we’ve created a Lion King DIY craft which allows little ones to roar extra loud!
The Lion King is one of Disney’s most successful animated movies and they are remaking it with photorealistic computer-animation, with Beyonce as the voice of Nala, no less!
All about the importance of family, friends and standing up for what’s right, this is a great story to share with your child. Plus, the song Hakuna Matata is great for singing together, especially for children who get anxious easily.
Tag us at @PositiveLeePeilin on Facebook or Instagram or use the hashtag #PositiveLeePeilinDIY. We love seeing your crafts!
Materials for The Lion King DIY Craft:
- PositiveLeePeilin Lion King DIY craft printable (download here)
- Paper Plate x 1
- Toilet roll x 1
- Optional: Brown artpaper, felt or cloth, if you want an alternative texture for the mane
- Cutting mat
- Penknife / scissors
- Download the free PositiveLeePeilin printable here.
- Print out and cut along the outline of the roaring lion.
- Position and glue the lion’s face around the middle of the plate. Align the chin with the bottom of the mane.
- Using a cutter carefully cut around the teeth, tongue and sides of the mouth, creating a hole.
5. Now to make the funnel that will help make your roar louder. Cut a line along the length of the toilet roll core leaving about 1.5 – 2cm.
6. Push the cut end such that the 2 sides overlap. Push and overlap as much as you can without tearing the uncut end.
7. Tape or glue the overlap to keep it in place. Alternatively, you can use a rubberband to prevent the overlap from slipping back.
8. Carefully put glue on the circumference on the uncut side of the toilet roll.
9. Stick this end to the back of the paper plate over the hole in the lion’s mouth you cut earlier. Make sure the roll’s circumference covers the entire hole.
10. Press together until glue is set the plate and roll are one-piece.
11. Now you can roar loudly as a lion!
We love to see your own The Lion King DIY craft! Tag us at @PositiveLeePeilin on Facebook or Instagram or use the hashtag #PositiveLeePeilinDIY.
Bonus: Love making crafts with your child? Make your own flying Avengers or Aladdin Around the World Wheel in these step-by-step tutorials!