The best part of Chinese New Year has gotta be the snacks! We’ve got a waist-friendly pineapple tart DIY craft which you can have as many as you want for CNY!
Reuse and recycle leftover orange packet papers lying around the house instead of tossing them! I’ve got video snippets on my Instagram page as well (because videos can be easier to understand sometimes!)
Directions for Pineapple Tart DIY ornament:
- Trace 6 to 10 circles on the ang pow envelopes using a cup or any round object. The more circles you create, the fuller your pineapple filling will look.
- Cut out the circles.
- Fold each of the 6-10 circles in half. Fold them with the colored size facing in and the white/inside surface facing out.
4. Apply a thin coat of paper glue to half of one circle and paste to a half of another circle. Stick them neatly so they match and look like one semi-circle shape.
5. Repeat with the other circles. You should have a ‘stack’ of semi-circles glued to one another.
6. Print out the free Pineapple Tart DIY printable
7. Cut the pineapple tart base which size fits best.
8. Stick the two unstuck ends of the half circles on the pineapple tart base.
9. Cut and stick the star topping on the centre of the semi-dome to finish.